WHEN MY HEART HURTS - SURPRISE ART PROJECT




Needed for Each Child:  One sheet 8 1/2" x 11" white construction paper with this sentence printed on it:  "When my heart hurts, I will pray and trust God", one white heart approx. 10" wide and 6" tall, two Band-Aids, scissors, crayons, and glue.

Activity:  Have the children color their hearts, cut them in half, and attach a Band-Aid to each half.  Ask the boys and girls to color the sheet with the sentence printed on it and then glue the two heart halves on top, at the upper right and left edges only.  When the glue has dried, the heart can be opened and the message read.

Song:  "Hole in the Sky" from Mary Rice Hopkins & Puppets with a Heart DVD.

Chorus:

There’s a hole in the sky
And I think God must cry
Cause it’s raining in my heart
And it’s raining outside
But the clouds have gone away
There’s a brighter day
Cause God’s gonna heal my broken heart inside

It hurts so much when I fall down
I try just to get up
But the storm clouds they roll around
And I have had enough
There are band-aids on my heart
But God sees every tear
He knows the way I feel on a very bad day
And says Come to me I’m here

(Repeat Chorus)

Now I’m walking on the sunshine
My worries, they're all gone
He wipes away each tear that he finds
And now I sing this song
If we didn’t have the clouds in our way
Then we might not see the sun
So I thank God every day
For all that He has done

(Repeat Chorus)
© 2006 Big Steps 4 U (admin. by Music Services) All Rights Reserved. ASCAP