WHAT CHILDREN LEARN ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS FROM THEIR PARENTS




When you constantly ask me what I want,
I learn that holidays are for getting.
When you tell me I'd better be good,
I learn that holidays are conditional.
When you break your promises,
I learn that holidays are disappointment.
When you are short-tempered and make idle threats,
I learn that holidays are unpredictable.
When you hit and scream,
I learn that holidays are scary.
When you are mean and lose control,
I learn that holidays are disaster.
When you eat too much,
I learn that holidays are indulgence.
When you hurry around, get up early, and stay up late,
I learn that holidays are busy.
When you do things for other people and help me do the same,
I learn that holidays are for sharing.
When you buy and make gifts for others,
I learn that holidays are giving.
When you hum to yourself and smile at strangers,
I learn that holidays are peace.
When you stop in your busy day
and spend time with me,
I learn that holidays are love.

(Source Unknown)