6 TIPS FOR CHOOSING BIBLE STORIES TO TELL
(1) Does the story have a strong point, idea or theme?
(2) Do the characters appeal to the age group?
(3) Is the vocabulary appropriate for your age level?
(4) Is the length suited to the age? (Rule of thumb: attention span is about one minute more than the age)
(5) Is the story sprinkled with quotation marks, indicating back and forth dialogue?
(6) Does it hold your interest? If so, it will probably hold the pupils attention!
Constantly be on the lookout for stories which you enjoy. If you enjoy them, the boys and girls in your class will enjoy them! Collect them. Categorize them.
Posted by BETTY BENSON ROBERTSON