Samuel & Eli Interactive Bible Story




Children in grades 1 and up can take turns reading the script below and manipulating the figures. Beds are made from heavy cardboard.

Eli: Good night, Samuel.

Samuel: Good night, Eli.

Narrator: The mother of Samuel had taken him to the temple to help Eli the priest. Eli was like a father to Samuel. All was quiet in the temple.

Voice:
Samuel.

Samuel (getting out of bed and running to Eli’s bed): Here I am. You called me.

Eli: I did NOT call you, Samuel. Go back to bed and lie down.

Narrator: Samuel went back to bed. All was quiet in the temple.

Voice: Samuel.

Samuel (getting out of bed and running to Eli’s bed): Here I am. You called me.

Eli: I did NOT call you, Samuel. Go back to bed and lie down.

Narrator: Samuel went back to bed. All was quiet in the temple.

Voice: Samuel.

Samuel (getting out of bed and running to Eli’s bed): Here I am. You called me.

Eli: Now I know who is calling you. Go and lie down. If God calls you again say, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”

Narrator: Samuel went back to bed. All was quiet in the temple.

Voice: Samuel

Samuel:
Speak, for your servant is listening.